The Oculus Quest is one of the most popular VR headsets on the market right now. However, as with any electronic device, one day you might want to perform a full factory reset and wipe the Quest 2 clean, allowing you to start over and set up the device from scratch.
When you factory reset the Oculus Quest or Quest 2, it removes all of your data, returns the headset to factory condition, and fixes lots of problems.
Note: Performing a factory reset on your Quest 2 headset will result in the loss of all data on the device. Make sure you’ve backed up any saved files you want to keep.
How to factory reset oculus quest
To perform a factory reset, perform the following–
Total Time: 2 minutes
Hold down the power and lower volume buttons on the headset.
After around 20-30 seconds, the Quest will reboot and load up the boot menu.
Using the volume buttons, highlight the ‘Factory Reset’ option.
Press the button to select ‘Factory Reset’.
Note: While the headset is reset to its factory settings, the factory settings are the current version of the operating system. A factory reset will not downgrade the operating system version to the version when your headset was actually produced.
To perform a factory reset using the Oculus App
- Ensure your Quest is turned on and connected to the same WiFi network as your phone.
- Open the Oculus Quest app.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ tab on the bottom right.
- Click on the tab that shows your Quest and press ‘More Settings’
- Click the ‘Factory Reset’ button.
- Confirm that you do want to factory reset your Quest.