Are you experiencing the dreaded Canon Printer Error 5B02? This is a common error, but fortunately, it’s easy to troubleshoot and resolve. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to quickly and easily reset your printer back to normal.
When you encounter Error 5B02, you may need to reset the printer’s supply memory counter. This can be accomplished by turning off the printer, unplugging it from the power source, and then unplugging all cartridges from the printhead. Allow 15 minutes for all components to cool down before plugging back in, switching on the printer, and pressing the OK button. Your Canon Printer should now be working properly!
If simply resetting the memory counter does not solve your Error 5B02 issue, a factory reset may be in order.
To Reset ERROR 5B02:
Total Time: 3 minutes
With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
When the Power LED is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
Release the Power button and the Stop / Reset button.
The printer will move into service mode
When the LED lights are in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of times according to the function listed in the table below.
Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.
- 0 time Green Power off
- 1 time Orange Service pattern print
- 2 times Green EEPROM print
- 3 times Orange EEPROM reset
- 4 times Green Waste ink counter reset See waste ink counter reset procedures below.
- 5 times Orange Destination setting See Destination setting procedures below.
- 6 times Green Print head deep cleaning
- 11 times Orange Button / LCD checking
- 12 or more times Returns to a menu selection