Blink cameras use a sync module to communicate with your wifi network. Sometimes the Blink sync module will freeze or stop working. Use our simple steps to get your Blink system up and running fast.
There are several reasons why you may need to reset the Blink Sync Module:
- Troubleshooting: If you are experiencing issues with your Blink cameras, such as connectivity problems or a lack of video feed, resetting the Sync Module can often resolve these issues.
- Firmware updates: If a new firmware update is available for your Sync Module, resetting it may be necessary in order to install the update.
- Adding new cameras: If you are adding new cameras to your Blink system, resetting the Sync Module is often required in order for the new cameras to connect properly.
- Changing network settings: If you change your network settings, such as the network name or password, resetting the Sync Module can help the cameras reconnect to the new network.
- Factory reset: When you are selling or giving away your blink cameras, resetting the sync module and camera to factory settings is needed to wipe out all the data.
It’s important to note that resetting the Sync Module will cause all connected cameras to lose their connection and will require them to be set up again.
Perform the following steps in order-
To reset a Blink camera-
Total Time: 5 minutes
Tap the ? icon on the “Sync Module Offline” banner. You are sent to the Sync Module details screen.
If you’re only updating the Wi-Fi password, tap Change Wi-Fi Network, and follow the instructions. Otherwise, tap Delete Sync Module.
You are then presented with a popup suggesting you contact Customer Service.
Dismiss the popup by tapping Ok.
To delete a Sync Module, you are required to enter or scan its serial number. The number label can be found on the back of the Sync Module.
When entered, tap Continue.
You are presented with a final popup asking if you are sure.
The Sync Module is deleted from your account. The System your Sync Module was attached to still exists, along with any associated cameras or other devices. A connected Sync Module will return the cameras to normal function.
To add a Sync Module, navigate to the Home screen and tap the “add device” + button in the upper right. You are sent to the Add Device screen.
Tap Blink wireless camera system.
Use your camera to scan the QR code, or enter the serial number manually. The Sync Module serial number is on the back and begins S/N 2 followed by eight digits. The Mini camera serial number is just below the QR code.
Once the serial number has been entered, tap Continue.
Next is to select a System for the Sync Module to associate with. You are shown an entry area to create a new System and a list of existing systems on the account. To retrieve the cameras and settings from before, connect your Sync Module to the System it was previously attached to.
The app will now ask you to plug in your Sync Module or Mini Camera if it is not already. About 30 seconds after being plugged in, a flashing blue light and a solid green light pattern appear. It is important that the light pattern is present, otherwise, you may have to contact support.
Only when you see this light pattern, tap Discover Device in the Blink app.
The app prompt states: “Blink” Wants to Join Wi-Fi Network “Blink-####”, where #### relates to the serial number of the device you are adding.
Upon connection to the Blink app, the Sync Module provides a list of Wi-Fi networks that it can detect. Select the one being used by the Blink app, and enter the password. In the popup that appears, tap Join.
A Blink camera is a type of security camera designed for home use. It is a wireless camera that can be easily set up and controlled via a smartphone app. It typically includes features such as motion detection, night vision, and two-way audio. It can also be integrated with other smart home devices and can also be accessed remotely. The company behind the Blink Camera is Amazon.