You may want to reset a Panasonic TV for any one of these reasons:
- To resolve technical issues, such as freezing or malfunctioning software.
- To restore the television to its factory settings, which can be useful if you are giving the TV to someone else or returning it for repairs.
- To clear any personal settings or preferences, such as saved channels or customized picture settings.
- To troubleshoot problems with the TV’s internet connection or smart features.
- To update the TV’s firmware or software to the latest version.
Perform the following steps in order-
To reset a Panasonic TV:
Total Time: 2 minutes
Press Menu on the remote.
Press the “arrow down” and “arrow up” to select Setup then OK.
Press the “arrow down” and “arrow up” to select System then OK.
Press the “arrow down” and “arrow up” to select Factory Default then OK.
Press the “arrow right” and “arrow left” to select Yes then OK.
This process will remove all customized TV settings, including tuned channels, recordings, custom input names, installed applications, stored Wi-Fi passwords, etc.
Performing these reset steps will return your Panasonic TV back to factory default settings. This is typically done when there is a problem that can only be fixed with a reset or if you want to sell your TV.