If you run into issues with your JBL wireless headphones, your first step should be to factory reset your JBL Live wireless headphones to their default settings.
Steps to reset your JBL Live wireless headphones to default factory settings
Perform the following steps in order
Total Time: 2 minutes
Push up on the “Power” button located on the right ear cup of your JBL Live wireless headphones.
The Bluetooth headphones will make a ping sound when they are powered on.
Locate the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” buttons located beneath the Power button on the right ear cup. Hold down the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” buttons at the same time for roughly five seconds until you hear the device make a sound, indicating it is powering down.
Release the volume buttons. The device makes a sound again which is followed by a pinging sound.
The pinging sound indicates your JBL Live wireless headphones have successfully been restored to the default factory settings and are now in pairing mode.
Reasons you may need to factory reset your headphones
- The JBL headphones won’t connect with your smartphone or laptop
- Your smartphone can’t find your Bluetooth headphones
- Your device can find the headphones, but the two won’t pair successfully
- Your headphones keep disconnecting from your device, even though they’re both fully charged
- You’re watching a video and the audio is delayed
- The sounds are full of static