The Fitbit Charge 2 is a fitness tracker that is worn on the wrist. It tracks various health and fitness metrics, such as steps taken, distance traveled, and heart rate. The Charge 2 also has features like sleep tracking and automatic exercise recognition, and it can be synced with a smartphone app to provide a more detailed analysis of your health and fitness data. It is designed to help people stay active and healthy by providing them with information and motivation to make positive changes in their daily habits.
There are several reasons why you might need to reset your Fitbit Charge 2. Some common reasons include:
- If you are having trouble syncing your Fitbit with your smartphone or another device
- If you want to clear your Fitbit data to start tracking your health and fitness metrics from scratch
- If you want to sell or give away your Fitbit and want to erase your personal data from it
- If your Fitbit is not working properly and you want to see if a reset will fix the issue
- If you want to pair your Fitbit with a different device and need to reset the connection
In general, resetting your Fitbit can be a useful troubleshooting step if you are experiencing any issues with your device. It can help to clear out any potential bugs or glitches and get your Fitbit back to working properly.
Reset Fitbit Charge 2
This article explains how to perform a soft reset of a Fitbit Charge 2. This method does not erase stored data, so it is safe to do so and not lose your fitness data.
Perform the following steps in order-
Resetting the Fitbit Charge 2–
Total Time: 1 minute
Place the Fitbit Charge 2 into its charging cradle, and then connect the USB cable to a power source.
Hold down the single button on the side of the Fitbit Charge 2 for between 10 and 12 seconds, until the Fitbit icon pops up on the screen.
When the icon goes away again, release the button, then unplug the USB cable from its port.
This should reset the Fitbit Charge 2, restoring it to working order.